In today’s competitive world where we have an exceptionally busy life; washing clothes or doing one’s laundry is an exceptionally herculean task. Therefore, to make this process more streamlined, businesses today are pushing their wheels toward developing on demand laundry app.
Courtesy of the solution, the laundry stores have observed their operations getting digitized. They have been able to automate their tasks like order management, delivery management, and so on. Additionally, it has aided the business (laundry business) to have a valuation of $17.85 billion which would become $24.63 billion by 2027. These figures are testimony to the lucrative potential that these solutions possess.
The reason for these attractive numbers is one, convenience and convenience alone. Courtesy of the solution allowing customers to get their clothes picked up, washed, and delivered back, it has enticed the attention of those who until now were running an offline laundry service.
All About On-Demand Laundry Apps
We know the worry one comes across when they have to wash a pile of clothes on the weekend. However, to act as a savior, the on-demand laundry apps made their foray. These solutions courtesy of their entry have helped the laundry business automate its operations. It has given them the support to manage their different tasks like laundry management, bill management, and so on with utmost convenience. It has additionally allowed the customers to find laundry service providers near them, avail of different services from them, and provide ratings and reviews in the end.
Courtesy of all these factors, the popularity of these solutions has grown manifold.
On Demand Laundry Apps – Facts and Figures
With the uberization of every major industry; it comes as no surprise that the laundry industry which until now did not observe their digitization taking place would do so too.
After the pandemic when all major industries like food, grocery, etc were observing their inculcation of on-demand apps; others also realized like the laundry service industry that until and unless they had a digital presence; survival would be impossible. This led to the Uber for laundry app coming into inception. Thereafter there was no looking back.
The app has allowed the business to earn an extremely lucrative prospect which is:
- The valuation of the global online laundry services market was $20.10 billion in 2021 with the expansion predicted to happen at a CAGR of 30.5%.
- Online laundry services are cited to bring in profits of $221.05 billion by 2030.
Take a peek at the graph below to observe the growth in the size of the online laundry services market from 2020 to 2030.
Image source: grandviewresearch.com
Look at the pie chart now to get a peek at the market share for the global online laundry services market.
Image source: grandviewresearch.com
Advantages of On-Demand Laundry Apps
The figures above are testimony to the potential that these solutions have on the whole for the customers and the laundry business. Here’s listing out the different advantages that these solutions provide.
- Saves customers’ time by allowing them to get their clothes readily picked, washed, and dropped back at their location.
- Gives opportunity to the laundry business to boost its visibility, build brand value, and provide personalized offers to customers.
How Does the On-Demand Laundry App Work?
Knowing the different advantages that the on-demand laundry app provides to customers, we must enlighten ourselves about the app’s operations.
- Customer enters the app and adds their location to get a list of laundry service providers nearby and choose one matching their preference.
- They place a tap on the services they wish to avail of and select the number of clothes that are to be washed, ironed, etc. and book the offerings stating the time and date for pickup.
- The laundry service provider receives the service request and accepts it.
- On acceptance, the customer is notified.
- The laundry service provider assigns a delivery driver.
- The delivery driver reaches the customer’s location to pick clothes up and deliver them to the laundry.
- Laundries get delivered, washed, and then returned to the customer as per the prescribed time and date set by them.
Essential Features to Include In On-Demand Laundry App
The on-demand laundry app has four segments, namely, the customer, delivery driver, laundry service provider, and Admin panel. Each of them has its respective apps and has features unique so that connection takes place seamlessly.
Customer App Features
- Social media login
- Locate nearby laundry services
- Types of services
- Schedule pickup and delivery time
- View offers & discounts
- Multiple payment options
- View order status
- Push notifications
- Track laundryman/Delivery boy
- In-app chat
- Review and Rating
Service Provider Features
- Easy signup/login
- Manage profile
- List of requests
- Manage status (On/Off)
- Manage charges
- Manage offers and discounts
- Manage review and rating
Admin Panel Features
- Powerful dashboard
- Customer management
- View orders and payments
- Manage service category
- Manage payment
- Manage commission
- Create analytics report
Types of Laundry Delivery Apps Based on Business Model
Alongside having extremely simple operations, there are different types of laundry delivery apps, such as:
- Aggregator model wherein users can locate laundry service providers nearby, connect with them, and get their laundry picked up, washed, and delivered back to them.
- On-site model wherein on-demand laundry app development services are exercised for the creation of an app that makes laundry operations automated.
How Do On-Demand Laundry Apps Generate Profits?
Knowing the different types of laundry apps; let’s now educate you on the different monetization models that they implement for generating profits.
As you can see in the above image, there are three ways through which the on-demand laundry app generates profits.
- In-app advertising which allows the business to charge a particular amount to those advertising on their platform.
- Features listing wherein based on the features that the business lists, a good amount of profits become easy to generate.
- Commissions charged to customers above the amount they pay for the orders through the on-demand laundry service.
How to Go About Uber for Laundry App Development?
In the lines above we have highlighted the factors that have contributed to the concept of Uber for laundry app development gaining popularity. Hence, if you are a newly formed business venture that is in the quest to provide on-demand laundry services, keep these steps in mind.
Have an Idea
It is important that you first and foremost have an idea in place. Hence, it is recommended that you do your research well in advance. Know your competitors, and know the solution that they have developed. This is followed by analyzing the target market and its needs. With these two steps followed, you can then create a standout app.
Ideate App Design Strategy
It is next crucial to choose an app design strategy. Make sure that it is user-friendly. This is possible through competitive research that you conduct on competitors and target markets. When you perform this process with clarity, you can be sure to get more users engaged with the solution developed for you and get your user engagement level high.
Use Relevant Tech Stack
The third extremely important step you need to keep in mind when you embark on the journey of laundry service app development is to use a relevant tech stack. It is recommended to utilize those that have been around for a long duration of time so that chances of app crashes, virus entry, etc. get mitigated completely.
Here are the tech stacks that you can particularly integrate:
- App Designing: Adobe Photoshop, Figma, Ai
- For Android: Kotlin or Java
- For iOS: Swift/Objective C
- For Frontend: React, Java, Angular, CSS, HTML
- For Backend: Node.JS, Express.JS, PHP
- Payment Processing: PayPal, Stripe, Braintree, EWallets
- For Server: AWS
- Push Notifications: Twilio, Push.io
- For Database: MongoDB, HBase, Postgres, MySQL
Outsource On-Demand Laundry App Development Services
The last crucial step is to outsource laundry app development services. Get in touch with a reliable on-demand laundry app development company offshore with sufficient expertise in this. Examine their portfolio to assess their past work done by them. Next, go through the client reviews. When you have a green signal that the organization is good to go with, share your app requirements with them to observe your laundry app idea successfully achieving fruition.
Cost to Develop a Laundry App
We have highlighted the factors that have contributed to the creation of the Uber for laundry app which has led to the laundry service industry integrating the solution into their operations and building it thereafter. It is important now that we know the estimated cost to build laundry app.
There are a wide array of factors that get taken into consideration when analyzing this area:
- App Design
- App platform (Android, iOS, or both)
- Development hours
- Advanced features
- Team size and company location
Keeping all these areas in check thereafter, the total cost to develop app will be in the range of $15,000 to $25,000. The cost may go higher if you want to include advanced features and functionality in your mobile app.
Are You Ready for the Uber Edge for Your Laundry Business?
Do you want to enter the laundry service industry with a bang? Digitization is the solution to this. On-demand apps have become one-stop solutions for people who fall short of time in completing their daily tasks. Take, for instance, the laundry app. The app as a result of the comfort level it provides customers have observed more and more of them getting attached to the solution.
Hence, if you are on the pry to build an on-demand laundry app that gives your laundry business a competitive advantage, connect with a reliable laundry app development company!
I am Kathlyn, a digital marketer at PeppyOcean, which is a leading ondemand app development company specializing in Uber clone app development. As a hobby, I love to write informative articles and share my knowledge through content marketing.