Video chat apps are the most wanted technology in this modern age. Moreover, since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for video calling apps has flourished in every sector.
Its everlasting bond links enterprises, colleagues, and friends together in one place with intuitive videos.
Moreover, according to Statista, the global video conferencing market was valued at $14.6 billion and is expected to reach $27.3 billion by 2026.
It is also preferred among millennials and already surpasses its text rivals. Because of this, video chat apps have earned tremendous traction in recent years.
Startups, entrepreneurs, and even big enterprises are keen to build an innovative video app that appeals to the masses.
This post could guide you with the top 5 video chat app ideas to consider in 2022 with their features, platform compatibility, and more.
So, let’s get started.
For providing flawless online communication, video chat apps not only require an interactive user interface but much more. It needs group calling, exciting filters, and stickers to make calls more entertaining.
A renowned mobile app development company is capable of building engaging video chat apps that boost user engagement and increase profitability.
Let’s look at the top-notch features you must include in your video chat solution.
- Registration: For registering manually, users are asked to present information like username, phone number, email address, and password. The video chat app can also embed with social media sign-in for hassle-free logins.
- User Profiles: In the best applications, the user profile screen displays a user’s name and avatar and lets users personalize their profiles.
- Contact Management: It is an essential feature where users can search contacts through a navigation tool and recognize them by name or phone number. You can also download the contact list from the phone book.
- One-on-one Calls: Top video chat apps support HD video calling with crystal clear video and audio.
- Group Calls: This is a must-have feature to integrate into video apps. Users can easily make group calls and mute, unmute or ban unwanted participants.
- Text Chat: Users can exchange text messages while on the video call with the person or someone else.
- Screen Sharing: It is a crucial feature where users can share their screen with the other participants.
- Push Notifications: It helps users to get notified about incoming video calls, texts, or missed calls.
- Encryption: Video calls should be encrypted to prevent data theft.
A reliable app development service provider can incorporate the above features effortlessly.
1. Video Conferencing Apps
Whether you are providing tutorials, having team meetings or live conferences, seminars, or just chatting with your family and friends, creating a video conferencing app is one of the best video chat app ideas that you can consider in 2022.
However, how are video conferencing apps distinguishable from regular video chat apps? The answer is they are mainly created for business use. It is why meetings can comprise more participants compared to video chat apps.
If you desire to develop video conferencing apps, you could incorporate the following aspects: breakout rooms, conference room support, etc.
2. Video Calling Apps
Video calling apps are messengers that incorporate a video chat functionality. The primary difference between video conferencing and video calling apps is the number of participants. In conferencing apps, you can add up to hundreds of users, while in video calling apps, there are fewer people.
Furthermore, video calling apps allow multiple screen sharing, slideshow, recording, texting, and communicating with each other. They do not have a commercial outlook, but it counts on the user’s activity.
3. Entertainment Video Call Apps
Entertainment video call apps are regarded as a means of combating boredom. Unlike other apps that enable you to interact with users, these apps lack the tools for business use. However, they would allow users to do video calls through mobile or desktop and pass the time.
Entertainment video calling app development does not only incorporate creating personal or business video chat apps. Colossal competition from a big institution makes it demanding. Entrepreneurs and enterprises can also leverage this prospect to develop entertainment video call apps.
The primary focus should be on numerous chat solutions for entertainment purposes. A reliable mobile app development service provider is capable of creating unique entertainment video call apps as they are gaining popularity.
4. Video Chat App For e-learning
Education has transformed massively due to the use of technology. Video chat app solutions have been entrusted into the limelight since social gatherings were restricted and schools were suddenly encouraged to switch to online learning because of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Attractive and robust e-learning apps for education may take remote learning to the extremes. Various institutions are choosing virtual classrooms and interactive methods of cooperation. A tutor can also personalize teaching. Virtual classes can provide one of the best online tutor apps.
5. Video Chat App For Dating
Users want the best dating app to meet and find new partners in this fast-paced and hectic lifestyle. However, not every dating app is created alike. One of the best features of a dating app is video calling which allows communicating with other users in real-time. Therefore, you must consider taking help from an app development firm to create an intuitive app.
The video chat app ideas mentioned here are the vanguard of the video calling revolution. If you consider entering this domain, you might think you are late, but that is not the case. Because for a simple reason, i.e., not every app is perfect. People’s needs and preferences change monthly, making business leaders regularly enhance their products and services.
Thus, you can hire app developer to build an engaging video chat app and win your competitors’ market share. However, you must do comprehensive market research before hiring your potential app development firm.
Tom Hardy has 10+ years of experience as a software developer in SparxIT. He often writes blogs and journals to share his expertise for a reputed mobile app development company.