Plot Summary: If your are searching for a reliable and secure way to recover data from virus infected hard disk without losing a bit, then you have reached the right destination. This article will help you getting this task done in minimum time possible.
Even experienced computer users may fail to recognize that their hard disc has been infected with a virus. Our hard drives serve as a critical foundation for storing vital information, photographs, and other documents. Even the thought of losing them drives us into a panic.
As a result, if our hard drives become contaminated with a virus, it is critical that we recover the data from them.
What is a computer virus anyway and how does it affect your computer? A computer virus is a series of computer instructions or code codes that a compiler puts into a computer program in order to damage computer functionality or data.
If your hard drive is infected with a virus:
- It takes an endless time to start.
- A few odd activities spread over your desktop and PC browse directs you to an unfamiliar advertisement.
- There may potentially be data loss.
- The computer system may crash.
- Your device’s performance has been reduced.
First and foremost, disconnect your hard disk from the network and other external storage media. When you are done with that you can select any of the methods to recover your virus infected hard disk.
It could happen to any of us, losing data from a hard drive due to a virus that has infected our files. However, there is no need to be concerned because it can be retrieved with Hard Drive Data Recovery Software.
Using this application, you can easily recover crucial photographs, movies, audio files, documents, data files, and other items from any Windows system hard disc while preserving the original layout and information.
You can even recover data from file types such as FAT and NTFS.
Furthermore, you may extract and save certain folders from the recovered data using this program.
Follow the Steps to Recover Data from Virus Infected Hard Disk:
Step 1: First, Install and run the tool on your machine.
Step 2: Select the partition and, depending on your preference, either Scan or Formatted Scan.
Step 3: In the panel, receive a comprehensive view of your recovered data objects to recover data from virus infected hard disk.
Step 4: Navigate to the spot where you wish to save the hard drive’s recovered data.
The first move a user should take to recover lost files from a hard disk is the Command Prompt method. This method works on all versions of Windows OS.
Follow the instructions below:
Step 1: First and foremost, connect the hard disc to the computer (if an external hard drive is infected).
Step 2: Click on Start, then type ‘cmd’ into the search field and hit the Enter key. Now, visit the Command Prompt as an administrator.
Step 3: Navigate to the system disc where data has vanished or has been contaminated to recover data from virus infected hard disk.
Step 4: Type “attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter:*.*” into the cmd.exe window. Hit the Enter button.
Step 5: After that, Windows will begin recovering data from virus infected hard disk, which may take some time to complete. So, wait till the mending procedure is properly done.
Step 6: After completing the recovery procedure, you will be able to access your virus-infected data on the hard drive without difficulty.
What Can Be The Reasons Due Which Your Hard Disk Gets Infected By Virus?
- Continue visiting websites where viruses, spyware, or unusual behavior has been detected.
- Downloading files, applications, and plugins from unfamiliar sites or receiving files from unknown sources is not recommended.
- Make use of pirated software, illegal software, and unlicensed games.
- Use a new removable device on your computer without first checking for security or eliminating the infection using security software.
When a virus infiltrates your computer, it usually has various degrees of damage to the system and programs. The weak virus will undermine computer efficiency and use system resources. But, the severe infection may cause data loss and system failures.
What Are the Most Common Hard Disk Viruses?
Blaster, Slammer, Nimda, Code Red, I LOVE YOU, The Morris Worm, Elk Cloner, and a slew of more characters
What Signs Tell You That Your Hard Drive Is Infected By Viruses?
You may identify the indications of a virus or malware infestation on your system hard drive by using the following set of clues:
- Intermittent opening and shutting of internal CD-ROM drives
- Because of the odd connection attempt, the firewall raises a warning.
- On-screen prompts begin with odd text or pictures.
- A computer will attempt to connect to the Internet on its own.
- Strange noises begin to emanate from the computer’s hard disc drive.
- Any software may be launched at random without user interaction.
- Displays on computers Messages from Emsisoft Anti-Malware
- Antivirus software says that a virus has been discovered on the PC.
- Antivirus software shows the message ‘The machine is not protected.’ prompt for error
- Frequent network activity, continual light flashes, fans turn on
Note: Some infection symptoms can also be displayed through email messages.
Wrapping Up As our dependence on technology and digital gadgets grows, so do viruses, malware, and other cyber-attacks. It’s an even greater issue when our important documents and photographs are in danger. The approaches described above can be used to tackle this type of problem. Users are recommended to utilize the automated approach to recover deleted files after a virus attack since it has many appealing features.