Modern society has made it a normal practice to switch from the default email program because of shifting needs. In certain cases, it may be necessary to import Lotus Notes into Outlook. Unfortunately, Lotus Notes NSF files cannot be read in Outlook since PST files are used instead of NSF files in Outlook.
As a consequence, Lotus Notes mailbox data must first be translated to an Outlook-compatible format before it can be accessed in Outlook. For those who wish to migrate from Lotus Notes to Outlook 2019, or 2016, here is the ideal place. In this part, we’ll go through the most cost-effective way to meet this demand.
- Lotus Notes lacks the vast data management and high-security options offered by Microsoft Outlook.
- A feature in Outlook allows users to set up several accounts at once, if desired.
- Microsoft Outlook features a simpler user interface, making it easier for a novice or non-technical user to utilize IBM Notes.
- Microsoft Outlook costs less to maintain than Lotus Notes, and it is easier for users to share data with other Outlook users.
- The availability of Offline data given by Outlook makes it feasible to work in Offline mode.
To import Lotus Notes into Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2013, what is the best method?
A manual method is free, but it does not give a simple way to import the Lotus Notes data files into the Outlook 2019 and 2016, or any other version of Microsoft Office, such as Outlook 2013. An IBM Notes NSF file is converted to CSV format and then imported into the Outlook program in two steps. In the next part, you’ll learn how to do the manual solution.
Make a CSV file out of a Lotus Notes database
- Once Lotus Notes has been installed on your computer, open the IBM Notes document by double-clicking on it.
- In the drop-down menu, choose Mailbox, then File and Export, then save the file with a name.
- After you’ve given the file a name, you should pick Comma Separated Value Format from the Save as type drop-down selection.
- After that, choose the appropriate settings in the CSV Export box and click OK for importing the NSF files into the Outlook 2019 and 2016, and prior versions of Microsoft Office.
- Finally, the data will be exported and saved in CSV format at the designated location.
- Make a list of everything you wish to do. Using Microsoft Outlook, import a CSV file (optional).
- In order to begin, open Microsoft Outlook and choose the File > Open and Export > Import/Export option from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select the Import from another programme or file button in the wizard to begin the process of importing your data.
- Click Next after selecting the Comma Separated Values option in the Import a File box.
- Select the CSV file you wish to upload by clicking the Browse button. Click the Upload button next. Importing NSF files into Outlook follows.
- Press Next after selecting an Outlook folder where you wish to save your exported data, as seen in the image below.
- Select the checkbox in the Import a File dialogue box and hit the Finish button to finish the operation.
- Consequently, Microsoft Outlook imports all of the CSV file’s data accurately. The IBM Notes data may then be easily retrieved from Outlook.
Wait a second! The story deepens right here!
What are some of the drawbacks of using the Manual Approach?
The native approach is unquestionably labor-intensive because to the many complex steps involved. Due to the fact that this method does not work well when moving a significant volume of Lotus Notes data to Microsoft Outlook, businesses prefer not to use it while doing so. It is also possible that an NSF file will become corrupt if the user does not follow the proper steps. Since it can only handle a single conversion at a time, the process becomes more time-consuming and demanding in the long term. Using this native solution, it is not possible in importing corrupt NSF files into the Outlook with this method.
What, therefore, is the finest method to overcome these inadequacies in manual work?
Thanks to an expert-recommended solution, it is now feasible to overcome any and all manual weaknesses!
Using the NSF to PST Converter Software, Lotus Notes data may be easily transferred to Outlook. It features a boatload of functionality geared toward getting things done, and the user-friendly design makes it easy for a tyro user to get started.
NSF files, as well as emails, contacts, calendars, and more, may be converted to Outlook PST format with this tool. Because of this promise, while converting IBM Notes mailboxes to Microsoft Outlook format, the original folder structure will be kept. The PST file may be more readily handled if it is divided into smaller or more manageable portions. If you have a large number of NSF files to export, the approach is cost-effective and time-saving overall.
- Now let’s look at how the tool really works.
- The first step is to download the program from the link provided above.
- Click the Add Files button and then choose the Select NSF Files radio option to finish adding files.
How to move contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook
Click on the Apply Filter button once you’ve selected your categories
- Once you’re done, choose Export to begin the Lotus Notes to Outlook migration.
- At long last, the project has been successfully finished!
Customers who want to make the switch from Lotus Notes to Outlook are searching for a reliable solution that is simple to adopt. Therefore, in order to accommodate the increasing demand from consumers, we have created ways of importing Lotus Notes contacts into Outlook. Additionally, this blog provides an overview of the finest automatic strategy for overcoming all forms of manual mistakes.