A Complete Guide on How to Get Unmarried Certificate

Unmarried Certificate

An unmarried Certificate is a civil status certificate that proves whether you are married or not. It shows your marital status, or being in a registered partnership, unmarried, divorced or widowed. This certificate has details of when you have ordered this standard proof together with this information:

  • Name
  • Date of birth
  • Marital status
  • Municipality of residence 

Purpose of Unmarried Certificate

The foremost reason for getting it is marriage, which is likely to be solemnized with a foreigner. Many western and Asian countries request to submit it one or two months prior to its actual happening so that the foreign ministry of the country could update the details in the document of non-residents.

Other secondary reasons could be higher study and employment in the non-native countries. Some schools or colleges and companies need it to know about how many dependents you have.

 Where to Get

There are a lot of countries that prefer to seek it before marriages, but only a few nations have a specific competent authority or office to issue it. The Philippines, for example, is where this certificate is issued by the PSA every year. It’s compulsory for all to get and renew it.

On the flip side, the countries like India and the USA have no such authorities that specifically deal with this request. Such applications are addressed by the civil authority that is present in every region, county or state.  Municipal Corporation in India, county office in the USA and embassies also help in getting it.

Court, District Magistrate (DM) or Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) can sign a notarized affidavit, stating that the affiant is single or divorced or windowed. It also contains the date of birth, name, age, parents or relatives’ name & address. All of these details are verified through supporting documents that have these details.

Get it in Month
Generally, it takes nearly a fortnight or 15 days if you personally visit different authorities and get it attested and counter-attested. For making it happen, you need to mark your presence. Go and apply yourself. In short, it won’t be easy as you have to stand in a long queue and go through corrections many times, which would be an add-on to your hassles.

Another process involves hiring an agent that has complete knowledge of how the process of getting unmarried status goes on and what prospective challenges could be. Such professionals assist in the process from scratch and eliminate all kinds of hassles that you may have faced if done by yourself. Ultimately, you get it maximum to the maximum in a month. 

Documents for Verification

Here is the list of documents including the proof of DoB, the status of being divorced or widowed, citizenship, relatives or parents, address and sworn documents of the relatives plus affiant of self:

  • Photocopy of the passport (first and last page)
  • Birth certificate
  • Address proof, for example bank statement, aadhar card etc.
  • Applicant’s parents’ proof, for example Citizen identification number, voter id
  • An affidavit stating that the applicant is not yet married
  • Parent’s affidavit stating the relationship of the affiant

What about its Validity

The validity of this proof varies, which can sometimes only be a few months. Certain countries require that it should not be older than 2 or 3 months at the time of marriage. A few countries issue it with an expiry date, which means that you have to get it renewed over the stipulated time. The biggest example is the Philippines where the PSA issues it with a note that CENOMAR (certificate of no marriage record) would be valid for only six months. Typically, it is to be submitted a month before.

How to Get

Here is a general process for applying by self if you want from the embassy. Or, you may contact the NRI consultant to make it easy for you.

  • Apply with the embassy.
  • Download the form and fill it up.
  • Take an appointment and visit on the day of interview.
  • Take the aforesaid documents along with you.
  • Submit all the documents to the visited authority with the requisite fee.
  • The verification will go on at the backstage for attesting it from local authority, foreign ministry (like MEA of India, USCIS of the USA) and embassy respectively.
  • Apostilling or attestation will complete this process.

Once done, the document will be delivered to the recipient in a month.

Guest Post Service By www.guestarticlehouse.com

Total Views: 2611 ,