Natural lighting helps to decorate our house efficiently. Using natural lighting you can make your house beautiful naturally without using artificial light. You can also save energy.
Research shows that exposure to natural light can enhance the improvement of your mood and your well-being.
Natural light can also make the room lighter and brighter. It gives the feeling of more space. Creative Residential Interior Design Firms use natural light to showcase the interior.
Sources Of Natural Light:-
- Daylight inside the home can come from three sources:
- Direct sunlight
- External reflection
- Internal reflection
Importance of natural lighting:-
1. Sunlight enhances your mood.
2. It kills bacteria and fungi naturally. That is why the kitchen and bathroom should have a window that can provide natural light.
3. It increases your happy chemicals such as serotonin.
4. Natural light can also bring a sense of warmth to your interior.
Ways to increase natural light
1. Use mirrors to add more light: To add more light to your home, add mirrors to your home. It is an effective trick to increase natural light in your home.
Mirrors give a greater sense of space. If you can place it carefully, it can help you to get natural sunlight to the darker space directly.
2. Light colours: Paint your walls with light colours. Shades of white don’t absorb the natural light. It will make the walls brighter.
Do not use brilliant white paint on walls because it feels cold. You can use off white colours to paint your walls because it creates a warm feeling.
3. Surface of the furniture: You can add furniture and accessories with a reflective surface that can help to diffuse light. Different accessories can help to make more light available in your room and also add a stylish look to your home.
4. Flooring: Right flooring can also be an important factor. Choose wooden, stone floors with a polished finish that will reflect more light than carpet. If you like carpet then go for a light, natural colour of the carpet.
5. Clean your windows to increase natural light:
Clean your windows daily. If your windows have diets then the entering natural light does not seem well. So to increase more natural light in your rooms, you must clean your windows. This will give you a beautiful look.
6. Make internal opening: Make most of the internal opening to add more sunlight to your house. This is an idea that can be very effective. Top residential interior design firms use long, narrow doors between the rooms to help sunlight to the darker spaces of rooms.
7. Use a glass door: This is another effective idea to bring more natural light into your room. Glass doors let the light pass through the rooms or spaces. You can replace the solid doors with glass doors and see how much natural light comes to your rooms.
8. Open tread staircase: Staircase can play a huge role to increase the natural light. If you employ open tread then it will give an enormous feeling of space in the staircase and will enable the light to trickle down from above.
9. Install glass roof tiles: It is also a great way to bring natural light into your house. If you install glass roof tiles into your room or house, it will increase much more sunlight.
10. Greenery: The greenery outside your home can have a greater impact on the levels of light inside. You can build a garden, trim the trees, and grow plants around your doors and windows.
11. Artificial light: Artificial light can enhance the light of the awkward corner where the natural light doesn’t reach.
12. Light furniture: You can remove the dark furniture. You can replace it with light coloured furniture. Pay attention to the curtains, because dark coloured curtains can block light from entering your home.
Poor sunlight into the house makes us unhappy. So sunlight is very important to us. We must keep in mind when buying a house or decorating our house, that sunlight must come into our house. If you want to stay in a firm, you can check the top residential interior design firms out there in the market. You can use the above-mentioned tricks to bring more sunlight into your house.
Hermit Chawla is a Marketing Manager at Sprak Design. He would love to share thoughts on Best Website Designing Company, Lifestyle Design, Branding Firm, Exhibition design etc..