Is your Magento store ready for more people to visit during the holidays?
2022 has been a strange year in many ways, but people are looking forward to the holidays, and online shopping will be the best way to shop, both this year and in the future.
Last year, as per Adobe, online sales in the U.S. reached $189 billion. This was a 33 percent increase from 2019, the same as two years of growth in one season.
Online sales have grown by leaps and bounds to meet the needs of people staying home in record numbers. Adobe thought that between Nov. 1 and 21, online sales were more than $2 billion every day, and between Nov. 22 and Dec. 3, they would be $3 billion every day.
People love online shopping, and it is becoming increasingly popular. The Holiday Season is a great time to reach new customers and make more money from online sales.
If not! Here is a quick rundown of our top 5 recommendations and system checks that you must do on your Magento eCommerce website to get ready for the upcoming holiday season.
There are thousands of things about your store that can be made better. This blog will discuss some of the most important things to consider when optimizing your Magento site for the holidays.
Desktop e-commerce is a good choice for users right now. On the other hand, there is a lot of growth in mobile e-commerce. People are more likely to use technology because it keeps improving. If you don’t know how to improve an e-commerce site, the first step you can take is to interact more with mobile users. First, make sure your site works well on mobile devices. During the holiday season, a great way to get more customers is to connect with these smartphone users formally.
When getting your store ready for the holidays, the speed of your site should be a top priority. Because you have to deal with a lot of competition, slow load times will cost you a lot of money.
Google cares about how fast a site is because it affects how it ranks and is also essential for a good shopping experience. Check the speed of your site with tools like WebPageTest, and Google PageSpeed Insights.
Scarcity is a powerful way to get people to buy faster, but if you show shoppers products that won’t be shipped to them before the end of the holiday season, they will leave your site. It also takes up space on the screen with ads for things that won’t sell.
So, ensure that you can hide out-of-stock items from your Magento store’s category pages, landing pages, search results, or anywhere else you show products.
During the holiday season, there are a lot of transactions, so your product database may need to be updated millions of times every day. Every system needs to be able to respond to these changes, which calls for a comprehensive, flexible approach.
Almost every store you visit now makes you feel like its Christmas. Why don’t you give this to your customers when they shop in your Magento store? The season is a great time to redesign and redecorate your eCommerce store’s look and put your best foot forward to attract customers.
Decorate the front page of your Magento Store. You don’t have to fix up the whole website; if you choose a friendly holiday theme, that could be enough. A countdown to the holidays in 2022 would be another way to make people feel like they need to act now. This will encourage customers to plan their purchases and buy from your website.
• Make it easy to move around quickly, see what you’re doing, and sort the holiday must-haves.
• The ads and discounts on the screen are related to the holidays.
• Make it possible to see the most-bought items
• Use effective calls to action (CTAs) to make product categories wish lists, and shopping carts easy to find.
• Change the way the products are shown in the category section.
• Put your daily deals and discounts where they will get the most attention.
Some items popular all year may not be as popular during the holidays. Timing is an essential part of making product suggestions. During the holidays, you can use the product recommendation section to show items that would make good gifts. This is okay. But even results from product suggestions could hurt your business. With the product recommendation engine that Magento Commerce comes with, it’s easy to set up upsells and cross-sells.
With the latest 15+ security updates and bug fixes (in areas like information disclosure and SQL injection), Magento 2.4.4 and 2.3.6 now have CAPTCHA for order placement and API endpoints for payment information.
Recent changes were made to reduce the carding fraud that merchants and shoppers fall for. Adobe is constantly working to make things easier for the more than 250,000 eCommerce stores that use Magento. They do this by putting out updates that fix any possible flaws in the platform.
Tip: Ensure your online store is always running on the latest version of Adobe commerce. You must also ensure the store is secure and free of bugs and for that, hire certified magento developer who can do regular testing and performance audits is advisable.
• Don’t ignore the SEO. Follow the best practices of SEO.
• Make it as easy as possible to shop in your Magento stores. Use tools that help your store’s checkout process if you need to.
• Let people say what they think about your products. People tend to buy things that most people have reviewed.
• Check online reviews to make sure they are in good shape. Sales will go down because of bad reviews. To avoid bad reviews, all you can do is finish orders on time and keep making the customer experience better.
• Try selling through more than one channel.
• Look at the data from last year’s holiday season to get a clear picture of how to shape your marketing campaign.
• You might also like to offer deals and discounts on your store, like “Buy X, Get Y Free” in Magento 2.
• For the best performance, use the latest version of Magento 2. If your Magento 2 store is not on the latest version, you should upgrade it before the holidays.
You may now know better who your Magento store should be aimed at. Now you should see what you need to do to prepare your Magento store for the holidays in 2022. Optimization is almost always the best place to start. Whether you’re redecorating or improving your online store, your main goal should be to reach the right customers, and you should do this as soon as possible and get the best out of the holiday season.
Vishal Lakhani CEO and Magento Solution Specialist at Rock Technolabs, with over 10+ years of experience in eCommerce.