One way that Amazon tries to ensure that its customers get the best experience when shopping on the website is by setting guidelines for product listing. If it finds a product page in violation of any of those guidelines, Amazon reserves the right to block, delete, or suppress the listings.
If your Amazon listing is not getting the same amount of traffic, as usual, it could be because Amazon is suppressing your listing – meaning that it’s not ranking as high as it should be and it isn’t discoverable by consumers.
There are a few steps you can take to fix Amazon’s suppressed listing issue.
Amazon suppresses listings that don’t meet its standards. However, suppressing does not mean removal. Customers just won’t be able to find such listings when conducting online searches. A suppressed Amazon listing can be restored, but you’ll have to rework the problematic product page or create a brand-new listing from the very start.
The impact of this is quite straightforward. You will see the suppressed listings on your seller dashboard but not in the search results.
If Amazon suppresses your product listings, then they send notifications when listings are automatically suppressed or deleted. This information is provided to make the issue right.
There could be several reasons why your listing might be suppressed:
- When a seller does not comply with Amazon’s guidelines for product content and imagery.
- This listing defies the character limit of 200 for product titles and 80 for category.
- You tried to list an item on Amazon, but it’s prohibited.
- If the description is invalid ( might include offensive language, obscene images, or content that is illegal in certain states).
- When a seller has an incorrect category set for their product.
If your listing is suppressed on Amazon, the results can be quite drastic. In some cases, suppressed listings can lead to loss of sales. When a product is suppressed, it means that it’s not being seen by customers who are looking for it. As a result, you may lose sales and potential customers who would have been interested in buying your product.
To make matters more intense, if your product is suppressed, you may also see a decrease in your Amazon ranking. This can make it harder for people to find your product and take action on purchasing it. In some cases, this could mean that you lose out on potential sales altogether and you make zero sales.
Therefore it’s important to keep these consequences in mind when your product is listed and ensure that all necessary information is correct before submitting your listing. If there are any issues with your listing, be sure to reach out to Amazon Virtual Assistants so that they can investigate and assist with the issue as quickly as possible.
First, you need to “log in” to your seller account, go to the option “Inventory tab”, and then to ”Manage Inventory”. Once you get the menu, choose the option “Suppressed” and from there go to the “ Fix your products page or filter by the suppressed issue”. Here, you can view your suppressed listings.
There are a few ways in which you can fix the suppressed listings.
- First, select the Edit option.
- This will take you to the Edit product info page, which will highlight the missing information (You’ll also find additional information that goes into greater detail about the problem).
- Fill in the blanks and address image issues by uploading an image that meets Amazon’s product image requirements.
- Finally, press the Save and then the Finish button.
- First, go to Inventory.
- Then select Inventory reports
- Choose Listing quality and suppressed listing report from the Select report type drop-down menu.
- Now select the Excel report format.
- Then, to download the report, click Request report. The reports might take time to appear, it is possible that you will have to wait up to 45 minutes.
- Check the status of the report and download it once it’s finished.
- It’s time to revise the report. Open the file and sort by Suppressed in the Alert name column.
- Then, in the Data definition tab, update Corrected values while checking Accepted values under the Enhancement opportunities tab.
- After saving the report changes, navigate to the Inventory tab.
- Then select Add products via upload.
- The upload file can be found under the Check and upload your inventory file tab.
- Now go to the option Listing quality and suppressed listing file.
- Then, click Choose file and navigate to your saved Excel report.
- Finally, click the Upload button. This procedure could take up to 24 hours.
One of the best ways to ensure that your Amazon listing is not suppressed is to ensure that your product meets all of Amazon’s guidelines for quality and content. This includes ensuring that your product title accurately reflects the item you are selling, that your images are professional-looking and non-offensive, and that your description is detailed but accurate. You can also resolve Amazon’s suppressed listings by entering the missing values in the cells or by using the drop-down list and clicking the ‘Save’ button.
You can also use Amazon listing optimization service providers to support you in this endeavor. These agencies will analyze your listing and provide recommendations on how to improve them. Or, you can hire Amazon virtual assistants to dedicatedly manage listing status, identify issues, and fix them.
This is a great way to increase sales and rank higher in search results. Using these services, you can ensure that your product appears on the first page of results for relevant keywords.
Additionally, you can go for Amazon virtual assistant services and hire a dedicated resource to manage your listings. If you choose this option, be sure to opt for a plan that fits your needs and budget. However, if you are still confused or have doubts, reach out to us in the comment section.
Jessica Campbell is working as a content strategist at Data-Entry-India.com, a leading data solutions & eCommerce management company. With an overall experience of 5+ years, she is fond of writing about various data transformative solutions like data standardization, data enrichment, data annotation, video annotation, etc.
Moreover, she has published more than 2000 articles & informative write ups about eCommerce & Amazon marketplace solutions covering Amazon listing optimization, Amazon PPC management services, Amazon SEO & marketing, Amazon store setup, and Amazon product data entry. Her well-researched and valuable write ups have helped thousands of businesses to uncover rich insights, strengthen their business processes, and stay afloat.