When we think of testosterone, what generally comes to our mind are behaviors of anger, violence, road rage, aggression to name a few. Testosterone has been generally associated with bad behaviors, but all that is based on one thing-“MYTH”.
Let us first understand what is testosterone hormone before knowing the ways to boost it.
Testosterone is a hormone which is produced by human body as well as a lot of other animals. In males the hormone is produces by testicles whereas in females it is produced by ovaries. Although the role of the hormone is much more in the males than females and it is produces in much larger amounts in the males than in females.
The production of the hormone increases when puberty is reached and starts to dip around the age of 30. testosterone is the main sex hormone in the males and play other vital roles such as- The growth of the penis and testicles, the deepening of one’s speech as one reaches puberty, the appearance of facial and pubic hair begins at puberty, and it can play a role in balding later in life, Height and strength of muscles, Bone strength and development, Sex compulsion (libido), Production of sperm, effects on mood.
Low levels of testosterone levels also called low T levels may cause variety of symptoms in men. some of them are:
- Decreased sex drive
- less energy
- weight gain.
- depression thoughts
- low self-confidence
- few hairs on the body
- Bones that are smaller
While the testosterone levels may decrease after a certain age but other factors may also affect the T levels.
As mentioned testosterone is an important hormone and plays a vital role in a lot of functions, the hormone levels should be maintained. Here are 10 quick tips to boost your testosterone levels naturally.
1. Get enough sleep
Lack of sleep has more effects on your body and health than you can imagine. One of the effects of insufficient sleep is also on your hormones, including testosterone. A study found that only one week of restricted sleep can lead to a drop of up to 15% in the testosterone levels whereas it drops 1-2% by natural ways!
You should be getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep on a regular basis.
2. Lose weight
Studies have shown that obese men have lower testosterone levels. To boost T levels weight it is advisable to lose weight, and it is advisable to do so by exercising rather than diet. Exercising has been proved more beneficial that a diet when it comes to boosting testosterone levels.
3. Stay Active
Staying physically active, exercising daily helps in maintaining the testosterone levels. Weight lifting, for instance, is the best form of exercise for increasing testosterone in the short and long term. While all forms of exercise can work to some degree, high-intensity interval training (HIIT) can be very successful.
Caffeine and creatine monohydrate supplements, when combined with a training programme, can help to improve your levels even further.
4. Reduce Stress
Increased stress levels affect the body in many ways, especially long and chronic stress. Stress increases the cortisol hormone. And increased cortisol level have be proved to negatively impact testosterone. In a study, the stress response in male study participants was associated with aggression, emotional inhibition, and rumination, according to the researchers, which may explain the gender differences.
5. Soak Some Sun
Sun is the best way to get your doze of vitamin D. Vitamin D has various health benefits including that it helps in maintain testosterone levels, it acts like a natural testosterone booster.
Vitamin D levels can also be maintained by getting at least 15 minutes of direct sunlight per day.
Try to get frequent exposure to sunlight or take about 3,000 IU of a vitamin D3 supplement daily to increase testosterone and reap the other benefits of vitamin D.
6. Avoid Drugs and Alcohol
Lower testosterone has been related to drug and alcohol misuse.
Alcohol abuse affects the glands and hormones involved in male reproductive health, according to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.
Furthermore, the effects of alcohol on the body, such as hormonal reactions and cell damage, can result in low testosterone levels.
7. Use Glass, Not Plastic
Keep an eye on where you store your leftovers. BPA is a compound that can be used in certain plastics, cans, and other food packaging. It has the potential to disrupt your hormone production. Men who worked around BPA every day for 6 months had lower testosterone levels than men who did not.
8. A healthy lifestyle & avoidance of estrogen-like compounds
There are a variety of other conditions that can change your hormone levels.
In order to balance your sex hormone and testosterone levels, you need to have a balanced sex life. High levels of estrogen-like chemicals can also affect the levels, so avoid BPA, parabens, and other chemicals used in certain forms of plastic on a regular basis. Excessive drinking or opioid use, which may lead to death, is unsurprising.
Laughter, satisfaction, and achievement, on the other hand, can help you improve your health and testosterone levels, so make sure they’re a part of your everyday routine.
9. A Balanced diet
Long-term findings have demonstrated that a nutritious diet is crucial to maintaining hormone levels and physical wellbeing. Low testosterone levels and obesity can play a role in a variety of inflammatory conditions and neurological impairments.
Diets that consist mainly of whole grains and have a balanced mix of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins are the strongest. Eating a healthy, nutritious diet will help to maintain all hormone levels in the body and improve long-term wellness. Here is a list of foods that you should be having to boost your testosterone level
- Honey contains boron, a naturally occurring mineral that can be present in food and the environment. It is thought to aid in the increase of testosterone levels, as well as the development of healthy bones and muscles, as well as the improvement in reasoning skills and muscle control.
- Garlic contains a material called allicin, which may help decrease cortisol levels. When the body is stressed, it releases cortisol, which affects other bodily functions, including testosterone production. As a result, lowering cortisol levels in your bloodstream allows the adrenal gland to develop testosterone more effectively. Although garlic isn’t a testosterone booster in and by itself, it is a cortisol reducer that raises testosterone levels through association.
- Almonds are a balanced snack. Almonds are rich in zinc, a mineral that has been found to increase testosterone levels in men that are zinc deficient. If the zinc levels are down, the pituitary gland may be unable to release the main hormones that stimulate testosterone development. You can help deter this from occurring by consuming zinc-rich diets and preventing a decrease in testosterone levels.
- Spinach has long been regarded as one of the best foods for increasing testosterone levels. It’s one of the most popular superfoods, and it’s no surprise that it was Popeye’s favourite! Spinach is a natural source of magnesium, which has been linked to a higher level of testosterone. Vitamin B6 and iron, both of which are excellent testosterone boosters, are also found in spinach.
- Lemons, as well as other citrus fruits, are excellent testosterone boosters! They, like garlic, tend to lower cortisol levels, allowing the testosterone to be released more easily. Not only that, but they also contain vitamin A, which is essential for testosterone production and can help lower oestrogen levels, making testosterone more potent.
10. Take Natural Testosterone Boosters
Only a few natural testosterone boosters have been scientifically validated.
Ashwagandha is the herb with the most science behind it. One study observed a 17 percent rise in testosterone levels and a 167 percent increase in sperm count in infertile men who took this herb.
Ginger extract can also help you achieve your goals. It is a tasty herb that often has a number of health benefits. The best of these natural testosterone boosters are found in Arunveda’s Testosterone Booster capsule. Buy testosterone booster today and boost your T levels with all-natural and safe ingredients.
Guest Post Service By www.guestarticlehouse.com